|Call for Entries
Gallery@Second maintains a constant call for entries for its gallery at 608 North Second Street in Harrisburg. The call is for two-dimensional, framed paintings, drawings, and photography. Paintings and drawings must be original works. Photography and digital mediums are accepted as limited-edition prints. Artwork submission is open to all styles of art.
The gallery will independently feature two artists (space for 18 to 25 pieces for each artist) approximately every 35 to 85 calendar days in its first floor exhibition space. In addition, the gallery will maintain changing retail exhibition space containing the diverse works of many artists in its "Upstairs Gallery" on the second floor. Artist’s submissions from prior individual exhibits may also be subsequently considered for this retail exhibition space.
Artists accepted for individual featured exhibitions will be required to provide an exhibition fee of $250.
In return for the exhibition fee, artists will receive the following amenities provided by the gallery:
- Exhibition advertisement in The Burg and other local publications as part of "3rd in the Burg."
- Creative services for in-gallery signs, social media, website and handouts.
- Video interview capture and post-production to digital format and posting to social media.
- Administration of social media and web-based promotions
through the entirety of the exhibition period.
- An opening reception during Harrisburg's 3rd in the Burg. Depending upon the duration of the exhibition schedule, a second 3rd in the Burg event may be scheduled. WHen thi occurs, a second set of provisions (food, wine and music) are again provided by the gallery with featured artists invited to host.
- Food and wine provided for reception.
- Musician hired for reception.
- 500 full-color exhibition postcards
for each artist.
- On-call and e-mail response for scheduling private showings by appointment.
- Credit card and other transaction fees are waived and absorbed by gallery on sales.
- Based upon length of exhibition period, 85 to 135 hours of open gallery time will be provided for receipt of visitors and potential customers by gallery staff.
All coordination of services and payment of the amenities is handled by the gallery. Fee is due three months before the scheduled intake of the exhibition artwork.
Artists are encouraged to visit the gallery to not only see the current exhibitions, but to also view the space to help them envision placement of their work. Our gallery is unique in its arrangement and nuances and is conducive to displaying a wide range of types and sizes of art.
To view a sampling of the individual exhibition space on the first floor, CLICK HERE. To view a sampling of the retail exhibition space on the second floor, CLICK HERE.
Submission of artwork for review requires that the artist provide digital jpg files. Digital file(s) should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. For purposes of e-mail, file attachment should not exceed 3 MB per file size. Artists's e-mail must include contact information and indication whether the art should be considered as representative for an individual exhibition or as a specific work for sale in our retail space. All artwork must be ready for hanging with eyelets and wire. Works on paper and photographic prints are to be framed. For works on canvas, framed submissions are encouraged to further promote the artwork as a finished product, but the gallery also accepts canvas works with painted wrap-around edges. No "per piece" submission fee is required for display in our "Upstairs Gallery.".
All submissions will be evaluated with all selections final. Once an artist's work isreviewed and approved, the artist will be required to agree to the exhibition terms stated in the gallery's consignment agreement and provide an inventory listing of works to be provided for exhibition. For individual exhibitions, at least 80% of the work must be offered for sale. For the retail exhibition space, all artwork must be offered for sale. All exhibitions will be announced through the Gallery@Second website and its Facebook page.